What We Do
The services we provide include:â€‹
What I like most about Living Well is the meditation each Friday. There is a great sense of equality, no labels, just being, we are all equal.
- Foodbank - open three times each week
- Hot lunches every Friday
- Advocacy advice on debt, benefits and housing
- Community Cafe (open during foodbank times)
- Counselling and mental health support
- Art cafe every Tuesday
- Blend Community Choir Cafe
- Clothes bank
- Small sewing repairs
- Words and Numbers (help with form filling etc for guests who have difficulty with reading/writing)
- Christian meditation
We also have a Community Garden, which everyone is welcome to enjoy. It is maintained by a group of volunteers.
Our busiest day is Friday, when we serve approximately 200 hot lunches alongside our foodbank.
We have a core of committed volunteers who keep Living Well running smoothly and safely. Our volunteers help with the foodbank or in the kitchen, make tea and coffee or simply sit and chat. Some people donate food regularly. Others use their skills and abilities in lots of different ways: for example, one volunteer brings her sewing machine to repair people’s clothes.
Everyone is welcome, and all our services are free of charge.